• Soak breasts from four geese overnight in 1/3 C. salt and 2 TBS baking soda.
• Sauté 1 large onion, stalk celery in 4 TBS butter for a few minutes.
• Carve breasts into 2 in. pieces and sauté in the onion/butter mixture for 10 min. at medium to high
• While goose is sautéing, add 2 TBS Worcester Sauce and liberal amount of garlic powder. Also add small
amount of hot sauce to taste.
• Add 48 oz. can beef consommé (that's the secret) and simmer one hour. During this process, add salt
• Add vegetables (we use potato, turnip, carrots, cabbage and parsnips) and simmer at least 30 minutes.
• Serve with rolls or bread and ask your guests how their wild beef stew tastes. Even your non-goose
eaters will love it! The above recipe would
feed 8-10 people.